Saturday, July 4, 2009

2009 Volleyball Festival

This past week, I have been in Phoenix, Arizona for the Volleyball Festival. On Saturday, me, my mom, and my two sisters spent four and a half hours driving from Chino Hills to Phoenix. That evening, my club, Rancho Valley, went to the Opening Ceremonies. My entire team dressed up in tie dye shirts, shorts, flip flops, and light up glasses. Then, after what seemed like waiting for forever in 110 degree heat, we went into the Phoenix Convention Center. Our team was introduced, and we walked down a giant catwalk! I felt like a superstar!
The next few days went by VERY SLOWLY. From Sunday to Tuesday, we played regular pool play. The first day was tough. We ended up third in our seed. But Monday and Tuesday were our comeback days. We came first in our pool both times! On Tuesday night and the whole day on Wednesday was spent with my parents and my sisters. Wednesday morning, we went to the Sky Harbor Airport to pick up Meghan and Dad, who had just arrived from Miami(you can read about this story on Meghan's blog, Bug's Blog). The rest of the day was spent hanging out at the pool.
On Thursday, we were prepared to play with only six players. Two of our teammates had gotten strep throat over the week, so we played the first game with no subs. I played middle blocker in that game. That was so much fun! By the second match, both of our sick players had gone to Urgent Care, and they had decided to play with us. That day ended with us in fourth place. On Friday, our last day, we played with seven players. On our last game of the year, after we had lost our first match, my dad offered me two dollars if i made a jump serve over. I took up his offer. The first serve of the game was from me. I jump served, and it was an ace!!!!!! We ended up losing the game but it was still awesome for two reasons: my team had fun for the last time together as a team, and I got two bucks!
The 2009 Volleyball Festival was so much fun! I want to send a shoutout to Kennedy, Emily, Danica, Dani, Clarissa, Taylor, Rocky, and Michelle for a great season. I will miss you all so much!!!! Hope to see you all next year!
See ya soon!

1 comment:

Montana Mama said...

Hi Sweet Pea,
Ahma & I really enjoyed reading all of the text messages while you guys where in Phoenix playing VB. It was very exciting for us to here about the games and all the drama.
You did yourself proud and you will be much better prepared for anything that the future brings your way.
As we told Meghan, we are looking so forward to August and your visit with us in Montana.
You are a very special part of our lives and we LOVE you very much.
Talk to you later,
Ahma & Ampa